How to startx KDE Plasma 5.9.2

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Mar 3 13:13:40 UTC 2017

On Friday 03 March 2017 07:42:59 Geordie wrote:
> Hi
> and thanks for replying
> However I do not not have the file /usr/local/bin/startkde. I have got
> kfed5,kdeinit5,kf5-config, kfcross in /usr/local/bin/
>
> This is fresh install using portmaster -P x11/kf5-frameworks on
> Freebsd11

O, yeah. kf5-frameworks is just that: the frameworks. Libraries that underpin
KDE Applications and the KDE Plasma 5 Desktop, but none of that is, like, an
actual desktop environment. You may want x11/plasma5-plasma-desktop for that,
or the full-on x11/kde5 metaport for a full "KDE desktop experience".

(But those aren't in official ports -- that's all in the plasma5 branch of
area51)

[ade]