[kde-freebsd] Things in trunk that seem to be a downgrade

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 6 17:05:51 UTC 2016

Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> writes:

> So I'd like to reintroduce the PORTREVISIONS for these ports -- which are all
> essentially unchanged from official ports -- so that they don't seem like a
> downgrade.
>
> But there's an underlying question here: should trunk follow ports closely
> except for the-ports-that-are-being-prepared-for-update, or not?

I agree with Alonso, and I'm glad you went ahead and already fixed this.
Not setting PORTREVISION is/was a habit that predated my involvement
with KDE on FreeBSD, and I can't think of any reason for continuing to
do that trumps the inconveniences involved.