[kde-freebsd] Problem with device mounting

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Tue Apr 15 22:55:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm running the latest KDE from ports on FreeBSD 10-RELEASE amd64. For some
reason, my removable media isn't showing up in KDE.

I've run solid-hardware -list ; the usb drive is there. I've run hald in ---
no-daemon mode; everything seems normal. I've run dbus-monitor --system; I can
see the dbus messages advertising the drive. I've checked the devfs file
system; everything seems to be there.

Any suggestions on where I can go next to try to troubleshoot this thing?

Cheers,
DMK