[kde-freebsd] ports/188337: x11-toolkits/qt4-gui : ia64 : build failure : Cups support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bris.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 07:20:02 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR ports/188337; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anton Shterenlikht <mexas at bris.ac.uk>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: ports/188337: x11-toolkits/qt4-gui : ia64 : build failure : Cups support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 08:15:53 +0100 (BST)

 The build log says:

 Cups support cannot be enabled due to functionality tests!
  Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to ./configure to see the final report.
  If you believe this message is in error you may use the continue
  switch (-continue) to ./configure to continue.

 I naively tried to do this from under the work
 directory:

 # pwd
 /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt4-gui/work/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5
 # ./configure
 Which edition of Qt do you want to use ?

 Type 'c' if you want to use the Commercial Edition.
 Type 'o' if you want to use the Open Source Edition.

 find: /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt4-gui/work/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/mkspecs/: No such file or directory
 realpath: freebsd-g++: No such file or directory

    The specified system/compiler is not supported:

       /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt4-gui/work/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5/mkspecs/

    Please see the README file for a complete list.

 #

 I'm not sure if this is a real error, or
 just an indication that I cannot start
 configure outside of the Makefile?

 Thanks

 Anton