[kde-freebsd] kmail2 disaster ... kdepim back to alpha stage?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 9 16:55:11 UTC 2012

"JoaoBR" <joao at matik.com.br> writes:

> I have no idea how some can substitute an email client with a new one,
> when it is still not working (=unusable)
>
> said that, somebody has an idea what I can do?
>
> after upgrade to kde-4.8 from ports without particular tweaks, kmail2
> comes up and asked for converting existing mail structure, I confirmed,
> dialog disappeared and no further response came up
>
> then when I start kmail2, imap identities are visible in settings, in
> accounts only appear local floders but with advice "No usable storage
> location configured"
>
> In Kmail panels appears nothing (all white) but Local Folders
>
> my former kmail folders and accounts settings are in their former default
> locations under ~/.kde4/....

Please note that while KMail2 does seem to have its fair share of
problems, the descriptions you gave here are not very precise, and are
better suited for a list read by the kdepim folks themselves (such as
kdepim-user). And if you manage to find some reproducible bugs, please
report them via https://bugs.kde.org