[kde-freebsd] kdepim-akonadi desativation

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Thu Jul 12 13:13:32 UTC 2012

2012/7/12 joaoBR <joao at matik.com.br>:

> If somebody is interested
>
> I you do not use kdepim stuff, but eventually Kjots or Knotes and may be
> other parts which do not need Akonadi (you can still define local
> resources for those) then you can run kde without Akonadi and Mysql
>
> at least for me it brought back a lot of overall performance
>
> you can through a file into .kde4/env/ as one of the startup scripts in
> order to shut down akonadi and mysql. Aditional you might like to
> disable the nepomuk stuff also in System Settings/Desktop Search
>
> here is an example as akonadi.sh
>

> #!/bin/sh
>
> adfunc () {
>         sleep 45
>         eval "$(akonadictl stop)"
>         }
> adfunc &
> #EOF
>
> don't forget setting the x-bit on this file
>

> after that and a new login, you can manage the script in System
> Settings/Startup&Shutdown/Autostart

Akonadi is not started if it's not used by anything. I think that by
default, if you configure your clocks (digital and analog), you have
to uncheck "show events" in the "Calendar" settings of each clock.
After that, for a light desktop, akonadi won't be started. No need to
tune anything else.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."