[kde-freebsd] kde4 upgrade

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Thu Jul 5 19:36:07 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-05 13:54, joaoBR wrote:
> Em Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:16:46 -0500
> Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> escreveu:
>
>> On 2012-07-05 05:20, joaoBR wrote:

>> as

>> > I use 9-Stable i386
>> >
>> > are you referring to the openGL/Xrender thing?
>> >
>> > my card is ATI and I use radeon in xorg.conf, I also tried
>> radeonhd,
>> > no differnce
>> >
>> > I have the same hardware as before and on before 4.8.4 opengl was
>> > working, after upgrade not
>> >
>> > and not only on 1 machine, the problem is repeated on 4 machines
>> so
>> > far
>>
>> I had no problems with this upgrade.  I do not use kdepim and have
>> an
>> nvidia card.  I have had worse upgrade experiences but had no issues
>> this round.
>>
>> I can only assume at this time that you are either not using default
>> options or this is because the radeon card is not well support on
>> FreeBSD.
>>
>> Rusty
>

> well, I do not believe that the problem is the driver because dri and
> opengl is available, KDE is not being able to use it ...
>
> $ glxinfo
> ..
> direct rendering: Yes
> ..
> OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
> OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.6.1
> OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
>

> Since I have not so much insight, I do not know if it matters but
> while
> compiling workspace I saw a string about it not being able to find
> openGL
>
> I have nothing special and it was working before 4.8.4 on the same
> hardware

Well, unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to help out too
much on the radeon side of things.  Regarding ports, if you can let me
know any non standard configs you have for them, I can try to reproduce
what you have over here, possible in a VM to reproduce 32 bit since I
run 64bit here.

Rusty Nejdl