[kde-freebsd] KDE4's multimedia subsystem won't handle sound device properly

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sun Aug 21 19:40:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:36:49 -0300
Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads at cox.net> writes:
>
> [...]
> > Sound works just fine under KDE 3 and any other environment.  Only
> > KDE 4 is exhibiting this odd behavior.
> >
> > Any suggestions?  I've already done a recursive rebuild/reinstall of
> > both amarok-kde4 and kde4, to no avail.
>
> This is probably related to Phonon and its backends. Which backend are
> you currently using?

Yes, it's Phonon.  When I go to configure sound in amarok, the button
in the dialog that comes up says "Configure Phonon".

I'm currently using the gstreamer backend.  Should I try something else?
You just got me to thinking here.  I hadn't considered that possibility.

Hmmm, time for further investigation...  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net