[kde-freebsd] Failed to establish shared memory mapping, will fallback to private memory

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Sep 10 07:38:42 CEST 2010

on 09/09/2010 21:34 Alberto Villa said the following:
> On Thursday 09 September 2010 18:48:27 Raphael Kubo da Costa
> wrote:
>> but any help from the core team wrt implementing this part
>> of pthreads would be really appreciated.
>
> yeah, definitely!

If that's what is needed (e.g. process-shared mutexes), then we are out of luck.
Adding this feature would require some significant changes in supposedly opaque
part of pthreads API implementation.  And so it is unlikely to happen in near
future.  This has been discussed couple of times on freebsd-threads at .

--
Andriy Gapon