[kde-freebsd] /usr/ports/net-im/psi and PsiMedia

tom at diogunix.com tom at diogunix.com
Fri Nov 26 06:23:24 CET 2010

Hello list,

I'm trying to test the Psi jabber client ( /usr/ports/net-im/psi ) but WITH
the "PsiMedia" extension, providing audio/video calls functionality.

The Psi port this time does not include that extension.

On that PsiMedia extension please refer to
http://delta.affinix.com/2008/07/03/introducing-psimedia/
http://delta.affinix.com/psimedia/
SVN https://delta.affinix.com/svn/trunk/psimedia/

Building that extensions shared library itself (libgstprovider.so) went well
so far. I'm just no expert with all those port machenisms one needs to know
about when re-building Psi WITH the link to that additional shared library.

Is anybody out there who has already done this ?

I'm just unsure on how to modify the existing Psi port to make it link the
additional shared library in.

I'd like to test it first on my own system. Lateron the Psi port could
official get modified if all that works nice.

kind regards
Tom