[kde-freebsd] Re: Dragon Player won't play DVD, but VLC does

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Thu Nov 18 23:59:11 CET 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:28:57 -0500, Dwayne MacKinnon wrote:

> I'm
on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE using 4.5.3. When I open DragonPlayer there is a

> "Play Disc" button. I've successfully used that to play a DVD.
(Pirates of the
> Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.)

Haven't checked to see if DragonPlayer comes up as an option when I
insert the
> DVD yet.
>
> Cheers,
> DMK

I hate to say it, but I was
able to reproduce this. I had to comment out the cd0 line in /etc/fstab
to have hald handle automounting the dvd. Once I did, I was able to use
the device feature in KDE to launch one of 4 actions. Launching in
dragon player opened it up but didn't do anything. I clicked Play Disc a
few times and it just sat there. I chose the open in Kaffeine option and
the DVD opened right up (Ghostwriter). Dragon simply shows "No media
loaded" in the bottom left. Running from console produces no interesting
debug lines. I can get dragon player to play other files on the
harddrive without issue.

Sincerely,
Rusty Nejdl