[kde-freebsd] Re: ports/151971: [patch] french/kde4-l10n (fr-kde-l10n-4.5.3) fails to compile

Martin Birgmeier martin.birgmeier at aon.at
Sat Nov 6 09:10:10 CET 2010

The following reply was made to PR ports/151971; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Birgmeier <martin.birgmeier at aon.at>
To: makc at FreeBSD.org
Cc: kde at FreeBSD.org, bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/151971: [patch] french/kde4-l10n (fr-kde-l10n-4.5.3) fails
 to compile
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 09:05:30 +0100

 Hmmm... I guess I'm a bad boy here and won't get a cookie. -

 What I am doing is mirroring KDE's subversion repo locally. Also, I have
 modified the do-fetch Makefile targets to fetch from that copy instead
 of fetching the actual distfiles. (I am doing this in order to save
 download time.)

 For KDE, this works astonishingly well, because they seem to follow a
 very strict release process, such that the tag they assign to a release
 really corresponds to the files in the distfiles they produce. In fact,
 my method has worked for me for very many releases now.

 However, in this case there must have been some after-the-fact tweaking,
 such that there is a minor difference between the two. Maybe I can find
 out what they did, although I must say that I did check out (make
 extract) both x11/kdelibs4 and french/kde4-l10n using both my method and
 the standard one, and did not find a difference. Maybe I just failed to
 notice it.

 So you may suspend or even close this report; I can always update it
 later should I find out what happened.

 Regards,

 Martin