[kde-freebsd] HEADS UP: [CFT] KDE SC 4.4.0 for FreeBSD.

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Sun Feb 14 16:58:07 CET 2010

> Soprano have redland dependency option on by default.
> But good point, I might change my opinion to hard dependency list :)

For graphics/kdegraphics4 and deskutils/kdepim4 to work, it really is
not optional at all.

>> > (2) textproc/redland allows you to choose alternate database backends
>> > (MySQL, PgSQL, SQLite, Virtuoso) via the port's options. If one (or
>> > more) alternate backends are selected, textproc/redland builds fine. But
>> > then, textproc/soprano fails to pick it up. During the configuration
>> > stage of textproc/soprano, the following message is printed and the
>> > Redland backend is disabled:
> Something wrong with your local installation. It builds fine without any additional
> backends at local machine and tinderboxes.

I think you misunderstood my problem description. Both textproc/redland
and/or textproc/soprano can be built without any of the backend options
enabled. But unless you enable Redland in textproc/soprano and disable
all other databases in textproc/redland, you will end up with a Soprano
installation that leads to x11/kdelibs4 switching off Nepomuk. I know
this is all long-winded... this is why I tried to describe it in several
points in my original e-mail.

> libiodbc is always depended by qt4 itself.

So far, no port has pulled in databases/libiodbc for me yet. If it
really is required in other places than the Virtuoso backend, then maybe
if you enable Virtuoso in textproc/soprano, *this* port could then
run-depend on databases/virtuoso?

- Bartosz