[kde-freebsd] KDE4: All settings lost after kde upgrade with portupgrade

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Mon Nov 30 20:36:26 CET 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:18:23 -0800, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:
> I had many things, like widgets on the desktop, set up in kde4 2 months
> ago.
> Now I did portupgrade and kde4 starts like it's the first time, with
> only default "Desktop Folder" widget on the desktop.
>
> Why desktop setup information gets lost?
>
> Yuri

Yuri,

Portupgrade wouldn't change any of your settings since those are stored in
your home directory.   The only 2 ideas I have at present is that you
somehow lost your .kde4 directory or you logged in as a different user.  I
upgraded 2 PC's without issue over the weekend, one 32 bit and one 64 bit.

Sincerely,
Rusty Nejdl
http://networking.ringofsaturn.com