[kde-freebsd] gpgme upgrade patch

Dima Panov fluffy at ns.ael.RU
Sat Feb 7 03:30:13 CET 2009

       Greetings, Doug Barton!
        On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 12:21:05 -0800, You wrote:
     (dougb == Doug Barton)

dougb> > ----------  Forwarded Message  ----------
dougb> > On Thursday 05 February 2009 21:27:11 Doug Barton wrote:
dougb> >> The attached patch upgrades gpgme to version 1.1.8. Since the kde
dougb> >> components are the primary consumers of gpgme, I thought I'd ask y'all
dougb> >> first to give this a test run.
dougb> >
dougb> > Thanks!
dougb> >
dougb> > Unfortunately the port does not build with option 'pth' enabled. Without 'pth'
dougb> > it builds fine.

The new gpgme builds fine with pth. Sticky Bit, update your pth package at first, please.

Couple of gpgme-based applications builds and run like a charm.
I'll be test kde4.2 apps as soon as possible.

dougb> >
dougb> > BTW is this option actually useful? I think we have an excellent threading
dougb> > library. What use case exist for 'GNU portable threads' in gpgme case? Would
dougb> > suggest to remove this option and use pthread by default instead.
dougb>
dougb> I agree, so I've adapted the patch accordingly.
dougb>
dougb> I'm particularly interested in reports saying that this new version of
dougb> gpgme works with the existing kde apps that make use of this library.

kdepim[libs]42 will use additional functionality if find gpgme-pth.
However, pth is needed for many apps, so why don't use it?
At this time, pth is still more used thread library then ptreads.