[kde-freebsd] [CFT] QT-4.5.1 testers wanted

Oliver Heesakkers kdefreebsd at heesakkers.info
Mon Apr 27 16:13:22 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 00:35:28 Martin Wilke wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> The KDE Team is happy to announce the first public Call for Testing
> with QT-4.5.1. Recently, we focused on the complex and very time
> consuming task of getting the QT4.5 ports into much better shape
> so we can now go on the next step: much wider public testing.
>
> At the moment we would actually benefit from wider testing of the
> well prepared QT 4.5.1 FreeBSD builds. this will give us a better
> opportunity and more time to identify and eventually correct FreeBSD
> specific problems.

qt4-webkit:
platform/graphics/qt/MediaPlayerPrivatePhonon.h:122: error: 'Phonon::State'
has not been declared

dbus-qt4:
: undefined reference to `QDBusUtil::argumentToString(QVariant const&)'

Tools/scripts/kdemerge was not available to me when checking out
http://area51.pcbsd.org/branches/qt-4.5/. The directory exists, but not the
script. Instead I used unionfs.

Custom kernel, i386
FreeBSD 7.2-RC2 #0: Sat Apr 25 14:13:15 CEST 2009
Intel E8400, nVidia 8800
phonon is version 4.3.1_1 from multimedia/phonon

Way more detail here:
http://www.heesakkers.info/showandtell/Qt4.html

This broke kde 4 by the way ("cannot start dbus"), so I'm back with 3 for now.