[kde-freebsd] kde4 hangs again

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Jun 29 21:36:25 CEST 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 11:25:28 am Ernst W. Winter wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> so far all compiled well but when i start it as a user then it
> only gets to the firs stage and hangs there again, only the icon
> of the HD suitting there. :-(
>
> Any suggetsions?
>
> Thanks, I won't give up!

Although I haven't seen exacty this, I have seen startup problems, even under
Linux. It seems to be aggravated if you are starting KDE4 after exiting a
KDE3 session. I've had the most success if I start KDE4 after initial boot,
or by dropping down to single user mode and then back up. You might try this.

--
David Johnson