[kde-freebsd] bsd.cmake implementation

David Naylor blackdragon at highveldmail.co.za
Fri Jan 25 08:50:49 CET 2008

On 24/01/2008, David Johnson <david at usermode.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 24 January 2008 03:38:55 am David Naylor wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now that there are three proposed cmake implementations for Mk, is it
> > not time to choose one?  Ideally it would be best to choose the one
> > that is the most robust and flexable solution.
>
> Your version is setting flags and other variables in the environment, and not
> in CMAKE_ARGS. I would prefer the CMAKE_ARGS approach, as it's what the
> cmake ports are using.
One benefit of my approach is that should a port wish to override any
of the flags it can easily be done, either by adding it using the
CMAKE_ARGS approach or just changing the respective environment flags
directly (the latter is the approach I think *all* other ports take?)

(((
This is also the approach ./configure scripts are run, while
developing this I actually changed the CONFIGURE_SCRIPT variable to
run cmake, without having to overwrite do-configure, however executing
cmake from a link doesn't work and CONFIGURE_SCRIPT has to point to a
relative path (and CONFIGURE_ARGS had to be hacked to prevent
contamination from other USE_* directive) so I copied the do-configure
from bsd.port.mk and changed it to support cmake cleanly
)))

By using the CMAKE_ARGS approach then it could be troublesome to
change the default behaviour, or values.  There would have to be some
merge technique or rely on cmake choosing the correct one in the
argument list?  Comments?

> My two cents is that we use yours, but with improvements from Shane's.
Thanks for your two cents, it can be done.  (Even if it is not I think
that approach should be shown in the documentation so the porter could
use it should (s)he require it

David