[kde-freebsd] kde ports portupgrade dependency problems

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Fri Aug 29 19:43:10 CEST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 18:21:56 Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > It seems recent versions of kde fail on initial build with
> > portupgrade -a because dependencies are taken in an incorrect order.
> > To resolve the difficulties repeated portupgrade -a commands are
> > required.
> >
> > For example quickshow is installed but ports that depend upon
> > quickshow fail because they were attempted before quickshow was
> > upgraded.
> >
> > This is notr a serious problem -- just a bit of a hassle.
>
> That probably is a portupgrade bug in that case.

Another wee issue is that kdelibs' Makefile has a bogus conflict line. If you
try to upgrade kde3 with kde4 installed, even though they have different
install prefixes, kdelibs-3.5.10 throws an error with "conflicts with
kdelibs-4.1.0". I had to fall back to using pkg_delete -f and pkg_add -f
manually.

I suggest:
-CONFLICTS+=	kdelibs-[0-9]*
+CONFLICTS+=	kdelibs-3.[0-9]*
and
-CONFLICTS+=	kdelibs-nocups-[0-9]*
+CONFLICTS+=  kdelibs-nocups-3.[0-9]*
since we only have kde3 and kde4 in the ports.
--
Matt Dawson

matt at chronos.org.uk
MTD15-RIPE