[kde-freebsd] Removal of gnu-autoconf/make

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Aug 18 14:37:12 CEST 2007

On Saturday 18 August 2007 13:34:09 Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
> Le Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:46:39 +0200,
>
> Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsdkde at davenulle.org> a écrit :
> > --version: not found
> > *** AUTOCONF NOT FOUND!.
> > *** KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer
> > gmake: *** [cvs] Erreur 1
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > I don't understand the "auto-stuff" enough to help, sorry.
>
> Well, this port uses the script admin/detect-autoconf.pl, with the
> patch from Adriaan it compiles fine.
>
> I will submit a PR, but is-it possible to have a global fix? Or we have
> to fix all KDE ports that use this script?

Fix each-and-every one of them. There are three assumptions made in
detech-autoconf.pl:

1) The version numbers of auto* never go beyond 1 digit
2) The -suffixes attached to any version are numeric
3) If there is a automake-suffix there is a aclocal-suffix

(2) is not fatal; (1) means it will never pick automake 1.10; (1)+(2) means
that -wrapper is the preferred suffix; (3) is fatal.

We could actually fix this by adding an aclocal-wrapper script to the
autotools port. It would .. um .. do something.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/