[kde-freebsd] problem compiling qt33

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Thu Aug 9 17:52:48 CEST 2007

JoaoBR writes:

>  > >							 Then if there is still a
>  > >problem you try upgrading first the dependencies and at the end qt
>  > >alone.
>  >
>  > 	Isn't that what "portupgrade -R" is supposed to cover?
>

>  well, "should" and "is" sometimes conflict :) and while upgrading
>  dependencies you may miss a point which makes a port fail at the
>  end
>
>  same as above I could solve similare "unknown" problems for me
>  the way I described

	Qt33 has a /lot/ of dependencies.
	1) I would prefer not to force-rebuild all of them unless
absolutely necessary.
	2) Breakage in or absence of a particular dependency ought to
have specific symptoms, diagnosable back to the source.

>  >
>  > >		Perhaps you check also if there are two qt versions in your
>  > >db and pkg_delete one of it and/or run pgkdb -F or -L first.
>  >
>  > huff@>> dir /var/db/pkg/ | grep qt
>  > drwxr-xr-x    2 root  wheel       512 Aug  7 07:54 qt-3.3.8_4
>  >

>  pkg_info also reports only one?

huff@>> pkg_info qt-*
Information for qt-3.3.8_4:

Comment:
Multiplatform C++ application framework

Required by:
arts-1.5.7_1,1
blackjack-1.2_1
kdelibs-3.5.7
landscape-0.7_6

Qt is a C++ toolkit for application development.  It lets application
developers target all major operating systems with a single application
source code.

Qt provides a platform-independent API to all central platform functionality:
GUI, database access, networking, file handling, etc.  The Qt library
encapsulates the different APIs of different operating systems, providing
the application programmer with a single, common API for all operating systems.
The native C APIs are encapsulated in a set of well-designed, fully
object-oriented C++ classes.

WWW: http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/index.html

>  in the qt ports dir you checked make config?

huff@>> pd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt33
/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/qt33 /var/db/pkg
huff@>> make showconfig
===> The following configuration options are available for qt-3.3.8_5:
     CUPS=on "Enable CUPS support"
     KDE_PATCHES=off "Apply KDE patches"
     NAS=on "Enable NAS support"
     OPENGL=on "Enable OpenGL support"
     XFT=on "Enable Xft support"
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings

				Robert Huff