[kde-freebsd] Konqueror errors

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 5 16:18:13 CEST 2007

On Thursday, 5. April 2007, David Johnson wrote:
> I've been recently getting konqueror errors on the order of "The process
> for the https://mail.kde.org protocol died unexpectedly." I've been getting
> this on Amazon.com, and assumed it was just an Amazon thing. But now I'm
> getting it with a kde.org domain.
>
> Here is the URL I'm using, with some necessary obfuscation:
> https://mail.kde.org/mailman/confirm/kde-devel/8054768ff192a

Works for me.

> Does anyone know what's going on? Or is Konqueror no longer supported at
> KDE?

In the past, it usually turned out that some dependency libraries of kio_http
had either gone missing or were conflicting with other libraries, namely the
kerberos libraries (libkrb5, libroken, libgssapi gone missing) or the openssl
libraries (conflicting, usually base-system supplied version vs.
ports-provided version).

See http://www.mail-archive.com/kde-freebsd%40freebsd.kde.org/msg00863.html
and followups as well as
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2006-September/065944.html
for the openssl issue.

If none of that seems helpful, please provide the output of
ldd /usr/local/lib/kde3/kio_http.so and ls /var/db/pkg for further digging.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org