Transitioning to Qt 6.6 for Windows builds - Syndication build failure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Nov 19 08:58:52 GMT 2023

Hi all,

As you'll be aware, we've been working on moving CI over to Qt 6.6 for a
little while now, and as part of this have hit a bit of a roadblock with
the Framework Syndication.

The roadblock is more likely to be due to the transition to using MSVC 2022
(and all the compiler changes that come with that) however that change was
mandated by Qt 6.6 itself so there isn't much we can do about that.

The build failure can be seen at
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-management/-/jobs/1373146 and a draft
fix for the issue can be found at
https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/syndication/-/merge_requests/26

Any assistance with getting Syndication fixed up would be very much
appreciated so we can get Windows builds moved to Qt 6.6 (which will leave
just FreeBSD on Qt 6.5)

Thanks,
Ben