Collection of packaging notes

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Nov 10 11:36:09 GMT 2023

On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 at 10:55, Christophe Marin <christophe at krop.fr> wrote:

> 3 different issues appeared with plasma 6 alpha:

- The CMake config names are identical for certain core libraries:
> KDecoration2, KPipeWire, KScreenLocker, KsysGuard, LayerShellQt,
> LibKWorkspace,
>  LibTaskManager (and Breeze but it's slightly less problematic)
>
> - The CMake config files for DBus interface are not versioned:
> KRunnerAppDBusInterface, KWinDBusInterface, KSMServerDBusInterface,
> ScreenSaverDBusInterface

As discussed on Matrix our assumption is that Plasma 5 and 6 aren't
packaged together, a single version of Plasma should be packaged only with
the same version.

> - The libksysguard  libraries soversion weren't bumped. It's not only a
> problem for
> building plasma 5 and plasma 6. KSysguard is also an optional dependency
> for kdevelop.

I've bumped the soversions in libksysguard now. (I'll look at doing the
KFification for kuserfeedback too.)

I've also release noted that ksysguard the app is dead and should be
removed from distros, it hasn't been released for over 2 years and hasn't
been ported.

Jonathan