Breeze and ECM are incompatible for installing icons

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Sat Nov 4 00:25:07 GMT 2023

On 3 November 2023 22:47:55 GMT, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> El divendres, 3 de novembre de 2023, a les 13:15:37 (CET), David Jarvie va
> escriure:

> > I wanted to provide an icon that is visually compatible with the Breeze
> > theme, and Breeze doesn't supply it.
>
> What if another application wants to supply an icon with the same name that is
> also visually compatible with the Breeze theme?
>
> Should it overwrite the one that your application provides?

Perhaps I should rename the icon to include the application name to avoid possible conflicts.

There is always the potential for name conflicts, but that doesn't change the issue, which is that applications (KDE or third party) should be able to correctly install icons for any icon theme which is known to KDE, at least, using ecm_install_icons.

--
David Jarvie
KAlarm author, KDE developer