Critical Denial of Service bugs in Discover

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Mar 3 11:48:43 GMT 2022

I'd say wireshark is too low level for what the problem is here. We are
talking about having too many HTTP requests for specific URLs.

I can think two main measures:
- Trigger an alarm (an e-mail notification?) if there's a specific
UserAgent that has a specific portion of the queries we have in a specific
day in the services we care about.
- Offer plots to see how queries by UserAgent evolve over the last couple
of months (or couple of years).

Aleix