KF6 meeting notes 2021-11-23

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Nov 23 17:01:27 GMT 2021

https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcoreaddons/-/merge_requests/149
* needs input by Nico

https://phabricator.kde.org/T13924
* unused private class inheritance infrastructure can be removed at any time
without breaking ABI

https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/extra-cmake-modules/-/merge_requests/142
* needs approval, otherwise good to go
* we do not make ECM co-installable, but will define an obsoletion-mechanism
for removing deprecated stuff after a sufficiently long period of time

https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kconfig/-/blob/master/src/core/
kdesktopfile.cpp#L105
* applications: should not be in kservices5 but have NoDisplay=true set and go
to the applications folder
* revisit once everything has been migrated out of kservices5
* related: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/bluedevil/-/merge_requests/53

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12166
* do we even need kdesu going forward? root executables wont work with Wayland
anyway, and we do have polkit as a replacement, see also https://
phabricator.kde.org/T12165
* kdesu usage can be hidden behind xdg-su
* seems in use e.g. for OpenSUSE Yast
* kdesu could inform users to migrate away from su, but for now we still need
it
* David F will do some debugging
* Remove konqueror/plugins/shellcmdplugin in favor of the embedded terminal?
* Why is there KDESu::PtyProcess when KPTY has that too? Users of that not
needing su support can switch to KPTY which is newer.