T14471: Make Qt 5.15.0 to 5.15.2 for frameworks

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 19 14:54:38 BST 2021

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  Anything other than the methods that were added for "portability at the expense of performance", should be OK, famous last words™. :)

  I've been bitten twice by the QStringView API in Qt5, it has too many surprises, basically because upstream decided to make "code" portable any which way... but I digress.

  Since QStringRef is in a Qt6 compat module, I think QStringView should wait until we branch KF6; we also get QStrinTokenizer Qt6 (yes, it means we might scramble a bit between when we branch KF6 and the first release to fix affected public API's, but I think that's safer).

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T14471