kipi-plugins question

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Thu Jun 24 14:27:39 BST 2021

Hi,

when using the KIPI mechanism in my application,
I get log messages like:
kipi.library: This should only be invoked if the host application supports KIPI::Features ( HostSupportsMetadataProcessing ). If host application do support that, then this function should have been overridden in the KIPI host interface.

Note that my host application does not support HostSupportsMetadataProcessing.

What I understand is that KIPI::Interface::createMetadataProcessor() should only be called by a plugin
if interface->hasFeature(KIPI::HostSupportsMetadataProcessing)

but e.g. in yandexfotki/yfwindow.cpp (and others) there is no call to hasFeature()
and the method is just called without the check. (at least it checks if the value returned is nullptr,
but in rajce/rajcesession.cpp it is not checked and might actually crash)

I assume this are bugs in the plugins, and the idea of the Interface class was to actually
must use a call to hasFeature(), right ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Frühstück, Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at