Need xcb/xkb help for severe kglobalaccel_x11 issue

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 30 23:53:17 GMT 2021

On dimanche 31 janvier 2021 00:39:38 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dissabte, 30 de gener de 2021, a les 18:32:32 CET, David Faure va
escriure:
> > For years, I've noticed that when resuming a laptop from sleep,
> > kglobalaccel and X11 use 100% CPU for a few minutes, making everything
> > crawl for a while.
> Does this happen on a short sleep too or needs a long sleep?

Short sleep does it too.
Close laptop, wait a few seconds for light to blink, open laptop, 145 calls to
KGlobalAccelImpl::x11MappingNotify (!)

> If happens with a short sleep, i can't reproduce it :/

Lucky you ;)

But that's interesting, maybe we can approach it from both sides to find what
triggers it.

I moved out my small ~/.Xmodmap and restarted kglobalaccel5, no change.
Do you want to try with the attached ~/.config/kxkbrc? (after backing up yours
of course).

Working on KDE Frameworks 5