Need xcb/xkb help for severe kglobalaccel_x11 issue

Fabian Vogt fabian at ritter-vogt.de
Sun Feb 21 13:04:19 GMT 2021

Moin,

Am Samstag, 6. Februar 2021, 10:08:43 CET schrieb David Faure:
> Problem mostly fixed by
> https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-desktop/-/merge_requests/339
> but still seeing 15 notifications instead of 1 (already better than 145...).
>
> Indeed a single call to
> /usr/bin/setxkbmap -layout us,fr -option -option compose:caps
> sends 12 XCB_XKB_NEW_KEYBOARD_NOTIFY events,
> all with changed & XCB_XKB_NKN_DETAIL_KEYCODES, which makes kglobalaccel
> ungrab+regrab all keys.

Here setxkbmap doesn't cause any XCB_XKB_NEW_KEYBOARD_NOTIFY events, only
XCB_XKB_MAP_NOTIFY. I tried this with Xwayland though, maybe that behaves
differently...

> Should I add another compression timer in kglobalaccel, or do you think this is
> fixable in setxkbmap?

It's probably fixable somewhere in either setxkbmap/xkb or the X server, but a
compression timer would work even with older versions and also for other
causes like xmodmap, which can be much worse than just 15 events.

Cheers,
Fabian