KF6 meeting notes 2021-12-07

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Tue Dec 7 17:04:19 GMT 2021

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2021-December/119935.html
- tricky to find a mentor so far
- good tasks become available after branching, but that might not happen in
time

https://invent.kde.org/frameworks/kcoreaddons/-/merge_requests/157
- merged
- apply the same approach to all other frameworks where this is feasible

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12166
- more research from Ahmad in the comments there

https://phabricator.kde.org/T13806
- needs input from David F

https://phabricator.kde.org/T11587
- there are bigger plans to rework color scheming, this needs more
coordination with the effort to down-tier this for KF6
- would likely mean only storing the color scheme name in kdeglobals rather
than actual colors
- should we just put this into KF::Config itself?
- do we need per color cascading or is that rather a bug? compare e.g. to
Kate's syntax highlighting themes.
- coordinate with Noah Davis, Nico will bring this up in the Plasma meeting

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12208
- looks like a development tool mainly, is this even a blocker for KF6 given
it's not exported and could be moved at any time?

https://phabricator.kde.org/T12174
- KUrlRequester is often used for local file location and thus pulls in full
KIO.
- see e.g. KNotifyConfig
- can probably be done later, unless there's a framework that depends on
KIOWidgets just for this in its public link interface (seems unlikely)