D22488: invoke QIcon::setFallbackThemeName a bit later

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 23 11:22:50 BST 2020

aacid added a comment.

  In D22488#673575 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22488#673575>, @poboiko wrote:

  > UPD: seems like it doesn't. I've added couple qDebug lines, to `QIcon::fromTheme()` method and near `QIcon::setFallbackThemeName()` with your patch, and then ran okular and dolphin.
  >  By the time `setFallbackThemeName()` is called, almost all icons are already loaded :(

  Yes, that's exactly what i said with my comment about it being bad :D

  Ok, maybe we can go extra crazy and [assuming my patch makes it to Qt 5.15.1] have this block and your block from KMainWindow (maybe adding a if QIcon::fallbackThemeName().isEmpty() first, we don't want to overwrite if people manually chose something else)

REPOSITORY
  R302 KIconThemes