D29610: [kio_file] Handle renaming file 'A' to 'a' on FAT32 filesystems

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 13 23:47:30 BST 2020

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ahmadsamir wrote in copyjob.cpp:1965
> Good point, I missed that the original code was checking the file names and the paths with the same compare() call.
>
> About /dir/file and /DIR/FILE, the parent dirs is actually one dir since "dir" and "DIR" are the same from FAT32 old POV?

I meant on a Linux filesystem. We don't want this to move dir/file to DIR :-)

> file_unix.cpp:1052
> +                              << "(which uses 2 rename calls)";
> +            if (QFile::rename(src, dest)) {
> +                finished();

I'm confused. We want to solve renaming 'a' to 'A' when 'A' does *not* exist.

QFile::rename will not overwrite an existing file, so it will do nothing if dest exists.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  l-qfile-rename (branched from master)