D27989: Add a new set of barcode size functions

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 13 19:03:07 BST 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  > minimumSize() becomes deprecated by this, the deprecation macros will
  >  follow once the current users have been adjusted.

  IMHO you should add the macros from the start, otherwise it will be only forgotten later, as there is no mechanism to remind you. And without compiler warnings all the remaining users might never learn about it.

  I would expect you have prepared patches for some known users already to testdrive the new API for usefulness, so the set of remaining users (in KDE spheres) should be already small. And those not yet withzout a patch, what would be the plan to care for them? In the end it needs to compiler warnings to get other people in the game. After all API is not deprecated without a reason. Being too gentle with warnings does not help anyone in the end.

REPOSITORY
  R280 Prison