D29711: Create kcmshell.openSystemSettings() and kcmshell.openInfoCenter() functions

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 13 16:28:03 BST 2020

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: Plasma, mart.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Many Plasma applets use `kcmshell.open` to open the appropriate KCM. However
  now that we're de-emphasizing kcmshell, we want these to open in System
  Settings or Info Center instead.

  We can't just change the existing function for a few reasons:

  1. This is a frameworks; changing functionality like that isn't nice.
  2. The existing function takes a string list, which KCMShell supports to open multiple KCMs, but System Settings does not support this.
  3. There's still an occasional need to open KCMs in KCMShell (e.g. from another KCM open in System Settings).
  4. We need to distinguish between opening in System Settings and opening in Info Center

  Accordingly, two new functions are created: one to open a KCM in System
  Settings, and another to open in Info Center. Applets will be ported to
  use these.

TEST PLAN
  Test dependent patches (see Stack)

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative

BRANCH
  create-kcmshell-openSystemSettings (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/qmlcontrols/kquickcontrolsaddons/kcmshell.cpp
  src/qmlcontrols/kquickcontrolsaddons/kcmshell.h