D29708: Introduce EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 13 14:27:35 BST 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  @dfaure So far I had no idea how to introduce a simple variant of the deprecation macros to support just disabling latest. For one would this make things more complex as there would be yet another approach. And things would be also become a bit unreliable on the library consumer side, as any version-less BUILD_DEPRECATED would no longer be bound to a version and thus to a certain set of API.

  And as said in the commit message, the current version-based EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT can also be used with KIO, if we simply just give no guarantee that this works with any version, but only with some, with better chances for future versions (if people now make sure things build without deprecated API and do not reintroduce the use of already deprecated API) :)

  Using this patch with EXCLUDE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT=CURRENT shows that there are lots of KRun::run* usages in non-deprecated API sadly in KIO :(

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO