D29485: [CopyJob] Check free space for remote urls before copying and other improvements

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 9 12:03:44 BST 2020

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ahmadsamir wrote in copyjob.cpp:444
> Excellent points; I was scratching my head trying to figure out what use UDS_LOCAL_PATH is when, while testing with qDebug(), it was _always_ empty, the only time it wasn't empty was in testtrash unit test, some code there set it, used it or something. So I resorted to grep'ing the code and I found the KCoreDirLister::cachedItemForUrl instance (which answers your next comment). So someone who knows all the use-cases of UDS_LOCAL_PATH (you in this case) should/must update the UDS_LOCAL_PATH docs :D

I'm a bit confused. My explanation here points to kio_desktop and kio_remote (and was apparently clear), and the API docs for UDS_LOCAL_PATH say

  /// A local file path if the ioslave display files sitting
  /// on the local filesystem (but in another hierarchy, e.g. settings:/ or remote:/)

which is basically the same information? What is unclear?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO