D29502: kwidgetsaddons: Add a named colors support in KColorCombo.

Christoph Feck noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 9 11:27:43 BST 2020

cfeck added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kcolorcombo.cpp:89
> +            int unused, v;
> +            innercolor.getHsv(&unused, &unused, &v);
> +            textColor = v > 128 ? Qt::black : Qt::white;

Please don't use "value" component to calculate the brightness of a color. #000081 is much darker than #808080. To decide, use qGray(). The threshold also needs to be higher than 128; I use 170, but this mostly depends on correctness of monitor gamma settings.

See  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3942878/how-to-decide-font-color-in-white-or-black-depending-on-background-color

> kcolorcombo.cpp:277
> +        list.reserve(d->colorList.size());
> +        for (auto iColor : d->colorList) {
> +            list.append({iColor.second});

Variables declared in 'for' are local, so just use 'color'.

> kcolorcombo.h:61
>
> +    /** Struct used in named colors list */
> +    using ColorList = QList<QPair<QString, QColor>>;

The comment still says "struct". Maybe clarify that this list is actually used as a map.

(I guess since mapping would happen in both directions, using a QMap isn't useful?)

> kcolorcombo.h:91
> +     * standard list.
> +     * @param colors map os named colors. If empty, the selction list
> +     *              reverts to the standard list.

typos: of; selection

> kcolorcombo.h:97
> +    /**
> +     * Inserts a named color at a specific position in the standard list
> +     * @param index position in the list

Sentence misses a full stop.

> kcolorcombo.h:110
> +    /**
> +     * Return the list of named colors available for selecion.
> +     * If no named color, return namedColor is empty.

typo: selection

> kcolorcombo.h:111
> +     * Return the list of named colors available for selecion.
> +     * If no named color, return namedColor is empty.
> +     * @return list of named colors

This sentence is confusing. I guess you wanted to write "if there are no named colors, the returned list is empty." (to clarify that it won't return the standard list).

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons