D29455: KNS: Deprecate isRemote method and handle parse error properly

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 6 14:20:17 BST 2020

leinir requested changes to this revision.
leinir added a comment.

  Apart from these couple of details, it looks pretty good :) (i'd say just fix and commit, but one of them's a tiny bit larger than just a typo fix ;) )

INLINE COMMENTS

> engine.cpp:174
>      if (!m_installation->readConfig(group)) {
> +        Q_EMIT signalError(i18n("Failed to read config file %1", configfile));
>          return false;

"Failed to read config file" is more a specific issue with setting up the installation handler, so... "Could not initialise the installation handler for %1. This is a critical error and should be reported to the application author" would probably be a little clearer... It is /supposed/ to not happen, and is really quite critical, so the best we can reasonably do is direct the blame to the appropriate location.

> installation.h:78
> +#if KNEWSTUFFCORE_ENABLE_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 71)
> +    KNEWSTUFFCORE_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 71, "No longer use, feature obsulete")
>      bool isRemote() const;

Obsolete, not obsulete :) (just a nitpick, really :) )

REPOSITORY
  R304 KNewStuff