D29406: Add X-KDE-Original-Executable to Applications properties

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 5 10:03:33 BST 2020

meven added a comment.

  In D29406#663112 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D29406#663112>, @apol wrote:

  > > If I understand correctly, it is necessary to use dbus spectacle in this case, so that dbus can manage the application instance and make sure we end up with only one, whether we launch the app, use a shortcut or launch from command line.
  >
  > I don't think that's a good reason. We have lots of applications that do that without having to be launched by dbus: plasmashell, krunner, yakuake, etc. It's done by using KDBusService.

  I didn't know about this, so did perhaps @davidedmundson in https://phabricator.kde.org/D19153#417025
  I guess spectacle should use `KDBusService(KDBusService::Unique` but it has always been in multiple instance since it was Dbus enabled 09cd11881d828da35c46c48da79f2d988e6a78cc <https://phabricator.kde.org/R166:09cd11881d828da35c46c48da79f2d988e6a78cc> and this require some refactoring unfortunately.

REPOSITORY
  R309 KService