D28372: Added a merged look to the plasmoidheading and remove roundedborders

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 30 00:17:01 BST 2020

ngraham added a comment.

  So I have a heretical thought here: maybe we should consider using a CSD-style headerbar for system tray plasmoids with toolbar-style controls and put the controls on the same row as the header.

  No wait, hear me out! This pop-up doesn't suffer from most of the disadvantages of CSD headerbars <https://pointieststick.com/2018/12/18/on-headerbars/> since they aren't movable or resizable and we have total control over the presentation. And using this style would allow us to achieve visual consistency with Kirigami-style toolbars, which have the title on the left and a toolbar with controls on the right. We might need to increase the width of the pop-ups to accommodate long translations, and the space for toolbar content would be very limited so we'd need to use icons-only buttons for everything; no labels. The drawbacks might still outweigh the advantages. Anyway I just wanted to bring it up as an option. :) I'm not at all opposed to this idea here, I just wanted to present a possible alternative.

INLINE COMMENTS

> PlasmoidHeading.qml:58
> +     * If false, the plasmoidheading will display a separator. If true, it will be considered merged
> +     * with another plasmoidheading and the separator won't be showed. False by default.
> +     */

Might be worth saying, "...merged with another plasmoidheading underneath this one..." for clarity

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)