D28388: kio_file: honour KIO::StatResolveSymlink for UDS_DEVICE_ID and UDS_INODE

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 29 18:18:46 BST 2020

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  $ export QT_LOGGING_RULES="*kio*=true"
  $ kdeinit5
  from the build dir
  $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./ QT_PLUGIN_PATH=./ kioclient5 openProperties ~/.bashrc

  still not getting the qDebug() I put in createUDSEntry()... IIUC, qDebug() always worked regardless of the QT_LOGGING_RULES. I just wanted to see some output about the behaviour of "before" and "after" this diff.

  Anyway, the patch makes sense, setting UDS_DEVICE_ID and UDS_INODE after "buff" has been modified/or not by the symlink resolution bits.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  master