D28295: Introduce KNotificationJobUiDelegate

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 29 11:43:27 BST 2020

dfaure added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in knotificationjobuidelegate.cpp:24
> I thought we wanted to migrate towards nested `Private` class? :0

I don't remember any past discussion about this, but as I discovered in KIO commit 3d2330968b <https://phabricator.kde.org/R241:3d2330968beb508ac61639d0a9e523a5cc32fc27>, nested Private classes have the problem that you can't forward-declare them elsewhere in order to make them friends of another class.

What would be the arguments in favour of nested Private classes?
All I see is the risk of forgetting Q_DECL_HIDDEN, incompatibility with Q_D/Q_Q macros and more generally, inconsistency with Qt, plus the friend problem above.

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications