D28201: Add KIO::CommandLauncherJob to replace KRun::runCommand

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 28 09:57:47 GMT 2020

dfaure added a comment.

  In D28201#635026 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28201#635026>, @broulik wrote:

  > I think we should also have a replacement job for `new KRun(url)`

  Yes, these launcher jobs are the building blocks for finally being able to turn KRun into a job (KIO::OpenUrlJob). Work in progress....

  > and I'd love if we could split out the "default app for this mimetype" logic we (also?) have in `KFileItemActions` out into a dedicated public class.

  The default app for *this* mimetype (singular) is a one-line call to KApplicationTrader::preferredService(mimeType).  (Before last month or so, that would have been KMimeTypeTrader).
  What KFileItemActions::associatedApplications does on top of that is handle the case of multiple files with multiple mimetypes. Is this the use case you have in mind here?
  I can see how it would make total sense to move this to KApplicationTrader as well, if it's needed outside KFileItemActions. I can work on that, if you confirm that your question here wasn't really about a singular mimetype, but a list of mimetypes.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO