D28302: [KNewFileMenu] Add extension to proposed filename

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 28 09:49:11 GMT 2020

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  Thanks for all your work, I'm impressed!

INLINE COMMENTS

> knewfilemenu.cpp:464
> +    // Prompt the user to set the destination filename, and initially display
> +    // the filename from the template including the extenstion, e.g. "TextFile.txt",
> +    // "HTMLFile.html" in the line edit

typo: extenstion -> extension

> knewfilemenu.cpp:466
> +    // "HTMLFile.html" in the line edit
> +    QString text = entry.templatePath;
> +    text = text.mid(text.lastIndexOf(QLatin1Char('/')) + 1);

The old code was using a translated string as suggested file name.
You're using a filename that it going to be always in English.

How about appending the extension from templatePath to the translated text?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO