D28184: KIO autotests: repair JobTest::moveDestAlreadyExistsAutoRename

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 22 20:00:55 GMT 2020

dfaure added a comment.

  In D28184#632459 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28184#632459>, @ahmadsamir wrote:

  > It was failing locally for me too, both when I had /tmp as tmpfs and when I changed it to be a regular dir on /; /home is a separate partition on my system. So I didn't understand how the test passed on the CI.

  Because on the CI (which is a LXC container), /home isn't a separate partition.

  So the tests for "moving between different partitions" are actually testing (again) moving on the same partition, on CI, because there is just one partition.

  > FTR, I build KIO on a regular mechanical/spinning HDD, but / and /home are on an SSD. Maybe that's why? the test wants two separate partitions on the same desk? that doesn't make sense though...

  Not sure what you mean by desk, but I hope the above explains the reason why the test was passing on CI and failing for most of us locally.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO