D28169: [krununittest] Skip the test if ktelnetservice5{, .desktop} isn't found

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 21 14:52:32 GMT 2020

ahmadsamir abandoned this revision.
ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In D28169#631885 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28169#631885>, @dfaure wrote:

  > OK, it's fixed now, after 3 commits :-)
  >  You can drop this change, it's better that CI actually tests the code.

  [..]
  Yesterday, I did try tweaking XDG_DATA_DIRS to make it find the .desktop file without it being in /usr/share/applications, but I didn't think that it'd take time for ksyscoca to pick it up (or even that ksycoca was involved, though in retrospect that makes sense).

  However, a couple of points that are still bothering me (consider them food for thought):

  - I still think the workaround for vlc should be tightened, with e.g. checking for .desktop file name
  - Currently the code calls hasSchemeHandler() twice, once from KRun::init() and then in resultingArguments(); also for KMimeTypeTrader::self()->preferredService(), it's called from KRun schemeService() and from hasSchemeHandler() (the latter is used twice so, preferredService() is called three times :D)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO