D28016: KWindowSystem: deprecate KStartupInfoData::launchedBy, unused

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 19 11:27:53 GMT 2020

davidedmundson accepted this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  I don't 100% agree that "it doesn't seem used".

  It's used in KStartupInfoData::Private::to_text() which affects what gets written out over the wire to everyone else.
  At which point we can't just look internally at what we happen to use in KDE, we need to ask if anyone else in the world uses that property.

  From what I can tell, kwin doesn't read it back in any form, the spec does explicitly say it's optional, and not even GTK sets it...so it's probably safe.

REPOSITORY
  R278 KWindowSystem

BRANCH