D28020: New class ProcessLauncherJob in KIOGui

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 18 17:36:15 GMT 2020

davidedmundson accepted this revision.
davidedmundson added inline comments.

> kprocessrunner.cpp:194
> +{
> +    return m_process->waitForStarted();
> +}

It's the DBus calls that come before start that I want to get async, not the tiny bit between fork and the child process exec()'ing.

Obviously we can do that piecemeal later, and it isn't a reason to delay this.

I'm not sure how much of that we'll be able to get both async and into this "waitForStarted" pattern without event loops, but worst case we can do it for KF6. It's all a bit frustrating as FWICT no-one even uses the returned PID.

> krun.cpp:488
>  // This code is also used in klauncher.
> -// TODO: move this to KProcessRunner
> +// TODO: port klauncher to KIOGuiPrivate::checkStartupNotify once this lands
> +// TODO: then deprecate this method, and remove in KF6

or we can just ignore it if we're phasing out klauncher anyway?

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  2020_ProcessLauncherJob